Job Search App - How to Bring Clients and Talent Together
Finding a job in today’s reality is not only the traditional “employment with a salary and an entry in the labor book”. There are many ways of cooperation between employers and professionals: people sell and buy services in different areas, look for customers, clients, partners, performers, contractors, have a demand for one-time services and long-term cooperation, are interested in long-term projects and temporary earnings. The job market has become very flexible and agile – and job search platforms need the same flexibility. In this article, we’ll look at how to achieve this in a mobile app.
How the Find Clients and Performers app works
Let’s consider the general principle of the application’s operation, which unites clients and specialists. In different stages of life a person can look for both work and services, so each user gets a single account and can work in parallel as an employer and as a job seeker. The mobile platform has a special functionality that allows clients to create job offers, send personalized orders, select specialists by their rating, competencies, reviews. Specialists create a portfolio, offer their candidacies to clients, accumulate ratings and become experts in the application. In general, the audience of such a platform gets many advantages:
- Quickly find jobs and services that match your search;
- Filtering of orders and specialists according to specific criteria;
- Direct communication between employers and job seekers within the application without intermediaries;
- Objective candidate selection based on feedback and ratings;
- Ability to create a personal rating to reach the expert level;
- Transparent rules of interaction between all parties in the process;
- Quality technical support, service feedback;
- High level of user security through mandatory verification.
Learn more about the features of the job search application
Registration, authorization, personal cabinet
The user registers in the application – the registration data is saved and authorization is automatic in the future. A personal account is created for both the client and the contractor – personal data, order history, settings (language, theme, notifications) are stored here. Switching between employer and contractor profiles is as quick and easy as possible, the switch button remains visible in each section.
When creating a category catalog is required:
- Explain the structure in detail, but avoid overly complex multi-level categorization;
- Provide a logical division into subcategories;
- Cover a maximum of popular destinations that may be of interest to the target audience;
- Allow users to add missing categories themselves.
A job seeker can browse the list of jobs, use keyword search and filter by various parameters – category, experience, salary, skills, requirements, location, etc. Detailed search allows you to create an optimized selection of the best offers from a large catalog, so the user does not have to flip through pages to view each job separately. Minimal manual intervention – maximum automation for productive searches in the right categories.
Creation of work proposals
In the employer’s profile, the user can create job offers in various forms of cooperation – official vacancies, private orders, demand for freelance services, etc. The page contains all the necessary information for the job seeker to quickly familiarize himself with the site and submit an application:
- Description of the proposal;
- Photo gallery to illustrate nuances;
- Candidate requirements;
- special conditions;
- Financial component (salary, compensation, honorarium);
- Application form, where the specialist leaves a text message – why you should choose him/her;
- Resume upload form.
The client reviews the applications received, contacts the selected candidates via chat, or approves the best specialist immediately – the user receives a notification.
The customer can personally contact the specialist he/she has chosen from the general list – and send him/her a personal order. The specialist examines the request – may agree or not.
The application has a wide geographic coverage and provides users with a convenient tool to find opportunities nearby – an interactive map showing professionals and employers of a certain category in the selected region.
Portfolio and Resume
A professional can demonstrate his or her skills, experience, work samples, and professional accomplishments in two ways:
- Resume – download the file or create it online using the Builder built into the application;
- Portfolio – Upload photos and videos of your work to a gallery that all users can see.
Chats and video calls
Clients and artists communicate directly in the application. There is no need to write in messengers or make phone calls to communicate – open and archived correspondence is stored in the chat section. The functionality allows instant exchange of text and voice messages, photos, videos, documents and files. Completed chats are transferred to the archive – you can access them at any time and resume correspondence. To increase the efficiency of candidate selection, you can add video conferencing functionality to conduct interviews in the application interface.
What other users see on the artist’s profile:
- Avatar and name;
- Brief biography – work experience, education, awards, skills, and other information that will allow an assessment of competence;
- List of service categories – industries in which the specialist works;
- Portfolio, examples of work;
- Verification mark;
- Rating on the application;
- Feedback from clients;
- Contact form;
- Button to create an individual order.
The following information is included in the customer profile:
- Avatar and name;
- verification mark;
- List of open orders that the specialist can respond to;
- Contact form;
- Rating and feedback from artists.
This is a handy tool that helps you to deliver certain information to the user: send a reminder, make a promotional offer, inform about a functional update. Notifications arrive on your smartphone as pop-up messages and are stored in a separate section.
Reviews, ratings, ratings
Can the employer be trusted? How experienced and responsible is the professional? Reviews and ratings from other users will help you find out. After the job is completed, the specialist and the employer give each other ratings, which are used to calculate the overall rating. The creation of the rating and the possibility to become an expert in the chosen category encourages users to develop their profile in the mobile application more actively.
Users should perceive the application not just as a software tool, but as an active community with effective support, where they can always ask for help and solve problems – report technical bugs, complain about a user, get advice on functionality or organizational issues. The support service should always be available – this should be taken into account when developing the application.
How to monetize a job search app
A mobile application for finding jobs and services is first and foremost a commercial product that should bring profit to the owner and investors. There is not much demand for fully paid applications, especially if they are designed for a wide audience. Therefore, the product should be available for free download and different monetization methods are introduced to earn money:
- In-app purchases. The user is offered a list of paid features to work more efficiently in the application.
- Paid removal of restrictions. For example, for an additional fee, you can upload more photos to your portfolio, create more orders, select additional categories of services.
- Subscription. It is paid for a certain period of time (one month, six months, one year) and gives the user access to the advanced PRO version of the application.
- Commission. You can deduct commission from each successfully completed order.
- Display advertising. You can earn money by placing advertising banners in the application. But be careful – ads should not be intrusive and disturb users.
- Paid ad removal. For a fee, the user will be offered to completely remove ads from the application.
Requirements for modern job search applications
User-friendly interface. Advanced functionality and complex structure should not make users uncomfortable – people want an intuitive, comfortable mobile tool to get their work done easily and effortlessly. This is a prerequisite for any application, but a job search platform requires a particularly thorough elaboration of the UX component of the design.
Broad functionality for different audience segments. When downloading a job search application, a person hopes to find interesting offers in the right field and in the appropriate format of cooperation. Therefore, it is necessary to provide all functions that can be useful in interaction between potential employers and candidates with different requirements and under different initial conditions.
Performance. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to find work and performers – and it is very disappointing in such a responsible business if the application frustrates users with hangs, slow loading, non-working features. Therefore, you should pay maximum attention to performance, troubleshoot regularly, respond to user feedback, and keep the technical state of the application at a high level.
Security. To make users feel safe and secure in the application, you must
- Provide for the secure storage of personal information;
- regulate the algorithm of dispute resolution between clients and contractors;
- Establish a mechanism for handling complaints;
- establish rules of mutual settlements and monitor their compliance.
KitApp Studio has several cases of creating job search applications. We have gained unique experience in this area – we apply and improve it when creating new products. If you need a high-quality and promising application in this niche, we invite you to cooperate with us.