Promotional apps on Google Play and App Store
There are many ways to promote mobile applications. We offer an individual plan and set of methods for each project, depending on the specifics of the app. Promotion tools:
- Contextual and targeted advertising;
- Promotion on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Telegram, TikTok);
- Content Marketing;
- Advertising on Google Play and App Store;
- Search engine promotion in stores;
- Advertising landing page, SEO website promotion;
- Outdoor advertising, QR code placement;
- сooperation with bloggers, video reviews on Youtube;
- Offline methods;
We analyse the niche, target audience and competitors to develop the best online promotion strategy. We identify suitable channels, calculate the necessary budget, forecast the results and set deadlines. We agree the details with the client and launch the project. We have extensive experience, so we guarantee:
- effective advertising;
- Take the app to the top;
- Increase in the number of downloads;
- Fast results.
Why promote the app?
Develop an application and put it in the store - isn't that enough? Why promote an app? You have to understand that every commercial project needs promotion and marketing. If you do nothing, even the best application can go unnoticed in a highly competitive environment.
Main objectives of the promotion
Launching a new product is tough. Without advertising, there is no chance of reaching the top. Exceptions are special applications, such as corporate programmes for company employees.
The main objectives of application support:
- Increase app downloads;
- Get positive feedback, improve ratings;
- Activate user engagement;
- Increase brand/product/company awareness;
- Build a loyal audience.
All these indicators are not just abstract numbers and concepts. They have a critical meaning: if they are well promoted, the application will work to its full potential, generating profit, helping to run the business and solving other tasks.
How to develop a promotion plan
How do you promote an app? There is no simple answer to this question – each app has to go its own way. There is a specific set of tools that a marketer works with. But this does not mean that they are all universal and can be used for every project. We take an individual and creative approach to strategy development, drawing on the experience of other projects and analysing the following points:
- What are the characteristics of the target audience, what do they need and what attracts them?
- How tough the competition is in the niche, who you have to compete with;
- What is the quality of the application, does it have any technical bugs and does it need improvement?
- What are the project’s deadlines? Do you need quick results by a specific date, or do you plan to promote the project on an ongoing basis?
- Do you plan to use offline methods or only internet marketing?
- What is the budget and how much is the client willing to invest in advertising?
The results of this analysis influence the advertising areas and channels. The next stage is to work out the strategy in detail and create a phased plan with a clear list of work, deadlines and prices. We agree the plan with the client and only then start work.
ASO – Optimisation of the application page in the shop
To effectively promote a mobile app, it is necessary to create a good page for the project on Google Play and the App Store. We use special App Store Optimisation (ASO) measures:
- Selection of keywords to help users find the application;
- Optimisation of the text component – title, subtitle, description;
- Choosing the right category;
- Work with feedback, including negative feedback;
- Optimisation of graphics (icons, screenshots);
- Create a promotional video that grabs the attention of your target audience;
- General work on the quality and reputation of the project to improve its ranking in Google Play and the App Store.
The benefits of ASO optimisation are many: the app stands out from the competition, attracts more interested users and becomes more recognisable. As a result, the number of downloads and positive feedback increases, as do the chances of getting into the top ranks.
Mobile App Advertising
The Apple Search Ads (ASA) platform is a paid promotion of iOS apps in the top positions of App Store search results. A similar option exists for promoting Android apps in Play Market search.
We can select the audience for targeted ads on social networks using a range of parameters such as age, gender, interests, education, type of activity, geolocation and others. Users who are interested in the application can see the ads. This method requires setting up the right audience parameters and finding the optimal balance between reach, number of impressions and click-through rate.
There are text or media ads for users searching for similar goods, products or services. Places of display of the ad - search engine, unique advantages of Google, Youtube, sites of Google media network. To attract the audience we have a list of keywords. We use remarketing to bring back users who have already interacted with the content and are interested in the application, but for some reason have not downloaded it.
- An interstitial is a video banner that occupies the entire screen. The visibility is 100%, so it is crucial to exclude the effect of obtrusiveness so that the banner does not irritate the user. We work much on creating creativity: the clip should capture the user from the first second.
- Standard banner occupies a part of the screen. We use it to supplement other methods.
- Playable is a game format of advertising when the user is asked to perform simple game actions and proceed to the download page.
- Rewarded - displaying ads for a reward. The user views the commercial to get a bonus, move to a new level. Such ads is less intrusive; the user agrees to watch it, and the bonus and positive emotions reinforce his choice.
Popular Instagram and Youtube bloggers have audiences in the thousands and even millions. Buying advertising from bloggers can have an explosive effect if you develop a brilliant strategy and hit the mark with themes, pitches, creativity and targeting. People trust the bloggers they watch, so they respond well to unobtrusive advertising.
Other ways to promote mobile apps
Communities on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Telegram help to build loyal audiences, strengthen brand image and increase brand awareness. The main task of maintaining social network pages is to engage users with unique content, events and creative. We use standard SMM technologies for promotion.
We can create a landing page or multi-page web resource with interesting thematic content. We use contextual advertising to promote the site. We create a blog on a multi-page site and publish quality content there to be announced in search engines using SEO. This method does not give immediate results, but works well in the long term. Material is published on the internet that mentions the application being promoted. The main task is to create positive associations with the product and show that it can meet any user's needs.
A mobile app can be promoted far beyond the web, and there are many ways to do this. Outdoor advertising, print, TV, radio, press, PR campaigns, themed events, conferences - all these methods can be helpful and practical. The main thing is to clearly identify the target audience and choose the right advertising channels. The advantages of this method are the ability to reach a large audience, strengthen the image and increase brand awareness.
Video content is great for promoting mobile apps and gets a good response from the target audience. Creative videos can be posted on your YouTube channels if they are sufficiently promoted. However, a more practical option is to post videos on unique communities dedicated to app reviews. This gathers the target audience that is interested in innovations in this field and is waiting for the release of new products.
A QR code can be used to quickly access the application page. This is a type of passive advertising; we use it as a promotional tool. There are many ways to place QR codes - printed materials, branded products, emails, websites and social networks.
App indexing allows you to drive traffic directly from the search engine. The link to the app is displayed in Google search results when the user enters the relevant query. In addition, when the user clicks on the link, the system prompts the user to download and launch the app.
How much does it cost to advertise a mobile app?
The cost of advertising depends on many factors and is calculated individually. In addition to the advertising budget, project management services are paid for – planning, launching advertising campaigns, performance tracking, analysis, strategy adjustment, application page optimisation. For an accurate calculation, we analyse the following indicators:
Functionality, niche and level of competition, monetisation methods.
The presence of bugs, the need for technical improvements. The cost of finalising the application - fixing bugs, improving the product, redesigning, etc.
Evaluation of the application at the start of the campaign, characteristics of the target audience, working with reviews.
Advertising budget - payment for clicks, services of bloggers, placement of materials on paid resources, etc. The calculation is based on the prices of the platforms and services used in the project.
Order application support services
attract more target audience?
Mobile application will help you achieve these goals!
Promotional services for iPhone and Android mobile apps from KitApp
KitApp - mobile development studio, a large team of experienced, creative and proactive specialists. We make apps with our hands, so we know everything about them - this knowledge is valuable for promotion.
We can help you if you are just thinking about creating an application: we will develop a high quality product, create a solid base for further promotion and get involved in the promotion.
If you already have an app and want to promote it, we will conduct an audit, assess the prospects, draw up a plan to improve the product and then guarantee the success of the promotion.
We try to use the maximum number of promotional methods available, combine online and offline methods and work for the future. We achieve the best results through systematic and long-term work with the application.
We track the needs of the audience, respond sensitively to changes in demand, stay one step ahead of the competition and give users more options. The ultimate goal is for people to not only download the application, but to actively use it and consider it indispensable. This requires a systematic approach, state-of-the-art tools and the hard work of an experienced team.
Send us an enquiry - we will provide you with an optimal strategy, calculate the costs and estimate the timeframe for promoting your application.Fill in the brief
How to get your app to the top of Google Play and App Store
A key goal of Android app development is to get to the top of the Google Play store. From the search results you can get a stream of interested users who have come with a clear goal – to find a tool to solve their tasks. To promote iOS apps, everyone uses the App Store.
The exact algorithms and secrets of ranking in the App Store and Google Play are not disclosed. In practice, it has been found that applications with good ratings, more installations in general and in the last few days get to the top positions. Also important are the number of bugs, the number of deletions and the activity of users.
Of great importance are the number of impressions, the number of installations, the relevance of key queries and the descriptions. Google also takes into account the parameters of external promotion – the number of mentions and links on the Internet. To make sure you get to the top, you need to meet all these requirements and work systematically on the project.
Keywords for search engine promotion
The effectiveness of search engine promotion depends on how well keywords are chosen. Keyword optimisation allows you to receive free organic traffic from search engines. Apps at the top of search rankings get the most downloads, so it’s important to make every effort to get to the top. Conversely, if the app is not in the top positions, the chances of getting organic traffic will decrease.
How do you get your app to the top? One of the essential conditions is the correct composition of the semantic core. The list of keywords includes
- Brand name, application name;
- Functions that are useful to users;
- Trending queries in the search bar;
- Geolocation icons when the application is geolocated.
The effectiveness and speed of keyword promotion depends on the topic and the level of competition. For example, low-frequency keywords are easier to promote in narrowly focused niches. It is difficult to promote a newcomer with high-frequency queries if there are large competitors in your niche. In this case, you need to attract paid and organic traffic.
How to define your target audience
The accuracy of the target audience definition affects the success of any advertising method. The parameters of the target audience are defined in the settings for targeted advertising, taken into account when selecting bloggers for integration, when searching for sites to publish reviews and when creating content for websites and social networks. It is therefore important to know the following audience parameters:
- Gender and age, place of residence;
- Occupation, hobbies, interests;
- Pages visited, time of activity during the day and by day of the week;
- Behavioural factors, preferred communication style.
The wider the target audience, the greater the competition and the more complicated the promotion. You need to create a portrait of the potential customer as early as the development stage in order to harmoniously combine functionality, design and content, taking into account the user’s needs and requirements. And then these characteristics should be used in the promotion.
To capture the user’s interest, you need to stand out from the competition. We do this by analysing competing products – their design, functionality and promotional approaches. We then use successful solutions and avoid common mistakes to deliver a better product.
It is important to follow the trend. However, it’s important to introduce your own ‘features’: a higher quality product, an exciting design and valuable options that your competitors don’t have. If the app does not have all this, we recommend refining and improving it before launching an advertising campaign.
For example, an app for an online store can be made more competitive by adding online payment and enhancing the search and product filtering capabilities. Or you can add real-time vehicle tracking to a trucking app. These simple steps will allow you to become better than some of your competitors.
How to improve your app rating
The user spends a few seconds getting to know the application page. During this time, the user has time to look at descriptions and screenshots and rate the application. Low ratings and bad reviews are often the reason why users refuse to install the application. How we work with ratings:
- Quality testing and ASO optimisation of the application;
- We do not allow bugs, and if something goes wrong, we fix it as quickly as possible;
- Provide feedback to users, answer any questions;
- Work with negative feedback, neutralise negative feedback and demonstrate active work to improve the application;
- Build audience loyalty online, strengthening your product’s image beyond Google Play and the App Store.
How to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising: application analysis
We track the results of the advertising dynamically and the client receives the relevant reports:
- How the promotion is going, what indicators have been achieved in general and in comparison with the previous period;
- How the audience interacts with the app, which features are most in demand;
- What we can improve in the app.
The report includes figures from the Firebase and Play Console analytics systems, Apple Analytics and others. The data is presented in the form of tables, graphs and charts. A set of indicators we calculate to evaluate the effectiveness of the promotion:
- Total number of downloads, growth dynamics;
- Position relative to competitors;
- Number of conversions – organic and paid traffic, conversion – the ratio of the number of clicks to the number of downloads;
- Number of failures, more common device types;
- The number of times the application is uninstalled after installation;
- Download price, average session time in the application;
- Rating, number and type of reviews;
- the level of monetisation revenues.