Promotion apps on Google Play and App Store
There are many ways to promote mobile apps. We offer an individual plan and a set of methods for each project, depending on the app specifics. Promotion tools:
- contextual and targeted advertising;
- promotion in social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Telegram, TikTok);
- content marketing;
- advertising on Google Play and App Store;
- search engine promotion in the stores;
- advertising landing page, сSEO website promotion;
- outdoor advertising, QR code placement;
- сooperation with bloggers, video reviews on Youtube;
- offline methods;
We analyze the niche, target audience, and competitors to develop an optimal online promotion strategy. We identify suitable channels, calculate the necessary budget, predict the result, and set deadlines. We coordinate the details with the customer and start the project. We have extensive experience, so we guarantee:
- effective promotion;
- getting the app to the top;
- increase in the number of downloads;
- fast achievement of results.
Why promote the app?
Develop an application and publish it in the store - isn't it enough? Why advertise an app? You need to understand: that any commercial project needs advertising and competent marketing. If you do nothing, even the best application can go unnoticed in a highly competitive environment.
Main goals of promotion
Launching a new product is difficult. Without advertising, there is no chance of reaching the top. Exceptions are special-purpose applications, such as corporate programs for company employees.
The main goals of application promotion:
- increase downloads of the app;
- getting positive feedback, improving rating;
- activation of user engagement;
- increasing brand/product/company awareness;
- building a loyal audience.
All these indicators are not just abstract numbers and concepts. They have a critical meaning: if promoted well, the application works to its full potential, generates profit, helps run the business, and solves other tasks.
How to develop a promotion plan
How to promote an app? There is no easy answer to this question – every app has to go its own way. There is a specific set of tools with which a marketer works. But this does not mean that all of them are universal and can be used for any project. We approach strategy formation individually and creatively, use the experience of other projects, and analyze the following points:
- What are the characteristics of the target audience, what they need, and what attracts them;
- How tough the competition in the niche is, who you will have to compete with;
- What is the quality of the application, does it have any technical errors, and does it need improvements;
- What are the deadlines for the project? Do you need to get quick results by a specific date, or are you planning to promote the project on an ongoing basis?
- Do you plan to use offline methods or only Internet marketing;
- What is the budget, and how much is the customer willing to invest in promotion?
The results of this analysis influence promotion areas and channels. In the next stage, we work out the strategy in detail and create a phased plan with a clear list of work, deadlines, and prices. We coordinate the plan with the customer and only after that we start work.
ASO – optimizing the application page in the store
To effectively promote a mobile app, it is necessary to create a good page for the project on Google Play and App Store. Special App Store Optimization (ASO) measures we use:
- selection of keywords by which users can find the application;
- optimization of the text component – title, subtitle, description;
- the right choice of category;
- work with feedback, including negative feedback;
- optimization of graphics (icons, screenshots);
- creating a promotional video that attracts the attention of the target audience;
- general work on the quality and reputation of the project to improve its ranking in Google Play and App Store.
ASO optimization gives a lot of advantages: the app stands out from competitors, attracts more interested users, and becomes more recognizable. As a result, the number of downloads and positive feedback grows, and the chances of getting into the top ranks increase.
Mobile app advertising
The Apple Search Ads (ASA) platform is paid advertising of iOS apps at the top positions of App Store search results. A similar option exists for promoting Android apps in the Play Market search.
We can choose the audience for targeting ads on social networks by a set of parameters such as age, gender, interests, education, type of activity, geolocation, and others. Users who are interested in the app can see the ads. This method needs setting up the correct target audience parameters and finding the optimal balance between reach, the number of impressions, and the click-through rate is essential.
There are text or media ads for users searching for similar goods, products, or services. Places of display of the ad - search engine, unique benefits of Google, Youtube, sites of Google media network. To attract the audience, we have a list of keywords. We launch remarketing to bring back users who have already interacted with the content and are interested in the application but have not downloaded it for some reason.
- An interstitial is a video banner that occupies the entire screen. The visibility is 100%, so it is crucial to exclude the effect of obtrusiveness so that the banner does not irritate the user. We work much on creating creativity: the clip should capture the user from the first second.
- Standard banner occupies a part of the screen. We use it to supplement other methods.
- Playable is a game format of advertising when the user is asked to perform simple game actions and proceed to the download page.
- Rewarded - displaying ads for a reward. The user views the commercial to get a bonus, move to a new level. Such ads is less intrusive; the user agrees to watch it, and the bonus and positive emotions reinforce his choice.
Popular Instagram and Youtube bloggers have audiences in the thousands or even millions. Buying advertising from bloggers can have an explosive effect if you develop a brilliant strategy and hit the exact target with topics, pitches, creativity, and audience selection. People trust the bloggers they watch, so they respond well to unobtrusive advertising.
Other ways to promote mobile apps
Communities on social networks Facebook, Instagram, and Telegram help to form a loyal audience, strengthen brand image, and increase its recognition. The main task of maintaining pages in social networks is to interest users with unique content, events, and creatives. We use standard SMM technologies for promotion.
We can create a landing page or multi-page web resource with interesting thematic content. For website promotion, we use contextual advertising. We create a blog on a multipage site and publish quality content there to be announced in search engines using SEO. This method does not give instant results but works well in the long term. Materials are published on the Internet that mentions the app being promoted. The main task is to form positive associations with the product and show that it can cover any user's needs.
A mobile app can be promoted far beyond the Internet, and many ways exist. Outdoor advertising, printing, TV, radio, press, PR campaigns, thematic events, conferences - all these methods can be helpful and practical. The main thing is to allocate the target audience clearly and choose the proper advertising channels. The advantages of this method are the ability to reach a large audience, strengthen the image and increase brand awareness.
Video content works great for promoting mobile apps and gets a good response from the target audience. Creative videos can be posted on your Youtube channels if they are sufficiently promoted. However, a more practical option is to publish videos in unique communities engaged in app reviews. It gathers the target audience interested in innovations in this sphere and waiting for the release of new products.
With the help of a QR code, it is possible to make a quick entrance to the application page. This is one of the types of passive advertising; we use it as an auxiliary method of promotion. There are many options for placing QR codes - printed materials, branded products, e-mails, websites, and social networks.
App Indexing allows you to attract traffic directly from the search engine. The link to the app is displayed in Google search results if the user enters the corresponding query. In addition, the system prompts the user to download and launch the app when the user clicks the link.
How much does it cost to promote a mobile app
The cost of promotion depends on many factors and is formed individually. In addition to the advertising budget, project management services are paid – planning, launching advertising campaigns, tracking performance, analytics, strategy adjustment, application page optimization. For an accurate calculation, we analyze the following indicators:
Functionality, niche and level of competition, monetization methods.
The presence of bugs, the need for technical improvements. Expenses for finalizing the application - fixing bugs, improving the product, redesigning, etc.
Rating of the application at the time of the start of the advertising campaign, features of the target audience, work with reviews.
Advertising budget - payment for clicks, services of bloggers, placement of materials on paid resources, etc. The calculation is made according to the prices of the respective platforms and services that are used in the project.
Order application promotion services
attract more target audience?
Mobile application will help you achieve these goals!
Promotion services for iPhone and Android mobile apps from KitApp
KitApp - mobile development studio, a large team of experienced, creative, and proactive specialists. We create apps with our hands, so we know everything about them - this knowledge is precious for promotion.
We will help you if you only think about creating an application: we will develop a high-quality product, create a solid base for further promotion, and engage in the promotion.
If you already have an app and want to promote it, we will conduct an audit, assess the prospects, make a plan to improve the product, and then can guarantee the success of its promotion.
We try to use the maximum promotional methods available, combine online and offline methods, and work for the future. We achieve the best results through systematic and long-term work with the application.
We track the needs of the audience, respond sensitively to changes in requests, go one step ahead of our competitors, and give users more opportunities. The main goal is for people not just to download the application but to use it and consider it indispensable actively. This requires a systematic approach, state-of-the-art tools, and the hard work of an experienced team.
Send us a request - we will offer an optimal strategy, calculate the cost and estimate the timing of the promotion of your application.Fill in the brief
How to get your app to the top of Google Play and App Store
An essential goal of Android app development is to get to the top of the Google Play store. From the search results, you can get a flow of interested users who came with a clear goal – to find a tool to solve their tasks. For promoting iOS apps all use the App Store.
The exact algorithms and secrets of ranking in the App Store and Google Play are not disclosed. In practice, it has been established that applications with good scores, more installations in general, and in recent days get to the top positions. It is important too how many are failures in the program, the number of deletions, and the activity of users.
Of great importance is the number of impressions to the number of installations, the relevance of key queries, and the descriptions. Google also considers the parameters of external promotion – the number of mentions and links on the Internet. To ensure you reach the top, you must comply with all these requirements, and work on the project systematically.
Keywords for search engine promotion
The effectiveness of search engine promotion depends on how well keywords are selected. Keyword optimization allows you to receive free organic traffic from search engines. Apps at the top of search rankings get the most downloads, so it’s essential to make every effort to get to the top. Conversely, if the app is not on the first lines, the chances of getting organic traffic decrease.
How do you get your app to the top? One of the essential conditions is the correct composition of the semantic core. The list of keywords includes:
- brand name, application name;
- functions that are useful to users;
- trending queries in the search bar;
- Geolocation icons if the application is geo-located.
The effectiveness and speed of keyword promotion depend on the topic and the level of competition. For example, low-frequency keywords are more accessible to promote in narrow-directed niches. It is challenging to encourage a beginner with high-frequency queries if there are big competitors in your niche. In this case, you need to attract paid and organic traffic.
How to define the target audience
The target audience definition’s accuracy affects any promotion method’s success. The parameters of the target audience are specified in the settings for targeted advertising, taken into account when selecting bloggers for integration, when searching for sites to publish reviews, and when creating content for websites and social networks. Therefore, it is important to know the following parameters of the target audience:
- gender and age, place of residence;
- occupation, hobbies, interests;
- visited sites, time of activity during the day and by day of the week;
- behavioral factors, preferred communication style.
The wider the target audience, the greater the competition and the more complicated the promotion. A portrait of the potential client you need to form as early as the stage of development to link functionality, design, and content harmoniously while taking into account users’ needs and requirements. And then, these characteristics should be used in promotion.
To interest the user, you need to stand out from the competition. To do this, we conduct an analysis of competing products – design, functionality, and approaches to promotion. Then, we use successful solutions and avoid common mistakes to offer a better product.
It is important to stay in the trend. However, it is important to introduce your own “features”: a higher-quality product, an exciting design, and valuable options that your competitors don’t have. If all of this has not been considered in the app, we suggest refining and improving it – and only then launching an advertising campaign.
For example, the competitiveness of an app for an online store can be increased by adding online payment and extending the search and product filtering functions. In addition, you can add the option of real-time vehicle tracking to a trucking app. These simple steps will allow you to become better than some of your competitors
How to improve the app rating
The user spends a few seconds getting acquainted with the application page. During this time, the user has time to view descriptions and screenshots and evaluate the rating. Low ratings and bad reviews are frequent reasons for refusal to install the app. How do we work with the rating:
- quality testing and ASO optimization of the application;
- we do not allow bugs, and if something goes wrong, we eliminate them as quickly as possible;
- provide feedback to users, answer all questions;
- work with negative feedback, neutralize negative feedback, and demonstrate active work on improving the application;
- build audience loyalty online, strengthening the product’s image beyond Google Play and the App Store.
How to evaluate the effectiveness of promotion: application analytics
We track the results of advertising in dynamics; the customer receives the relevant reports:
- how the promotion is going, what indicators have been achieved in general and in comparison with the previous period;
- how the audience interacts with the app, which features are most in demand;
- what can we improve in the app.
The report contains figures from Firebase and Play Console analytics systems, Apple Analytics, and others. The data is presented in the form of tables, graphs, and charts. A set of indicators that we calculate to evaluate the effectiveness of promotion:
- total number of downloads, growth dynamics;
- position compared to competitors;
- number of conversions – organic and advertising traffic, conversion – the ratio of the number of clicks and downloads;
- number of failures, more frequent types of devices;
- the number of times the application is uninstalled after installation;
- download price, the average session time in the application;
- rating, the number and nature of reviews;
- the level of income from monetization.